This article is from our friends at College Lifestyles
Have a yogini or road runner on your holiday gift list this year and no clue what to get them? Take a look at this guide to find the perfect gift for that fashionable activity lover in your life below. We’ve got you covered with all of the hottest fitness gifts of 2011! These gifts would also be great for anyone looking to complete some fitness-related resolutions in the new year.
For the yogini:
- A mat bag from oGorgeous – “Perfect bag for the uber hip yogi. The sweetheart trims are feminine and pair nicely with the exquisite eyelet fabric. Will fit any size yoga mat with room for much more.”
- Lululemon Power Y Tank – “This tank’s thin racerback straps allow for open, unrestricted movement in the shoulders while the body-skimming fit is a welcome feature for those of us who have set our intention on a handstand. No need to tuck this tank in, the Power Y stays put.”
For the runner:
- Lululemon Reflective Key Cuff – great for those who prefer to bring their workout outdoors and also works great to wipe away the sweat!
- Race registration – race registration fees are expensive and they really add up over time. With a race costing anywhere from $15-$200+ we’re sure that any donation to their race fund would be greatly appreciated.
- Without Limits DVD – this film follows the life of famous 1970s runner Steve Prefontaine from his days running in Oregon, to Oregon University, and the Olympics in Munich. Stars Billy Crudup and Donald Sutherland.
- B.I.C. bands – the headband that will not slip. Great for wearing to class, meeting friends for lunch, or a high-intensity cardio session. They come in dozens of fun colors, patterns, and thicknesses!
For the at-home exerciser:
- P90X2 – almost everyone is familiar with the P90X Muscle Confusion system. The creators over at BeachBody have upped the ante with this sequel utilizing a Post-Activation Potentiation technique instead. The complete 90-day program comes with a workout calendar, fitness guide, 12 workouts on 13 DVDs, and a nutrition guide to help you achieve your fitness dreams.
I hope that this list has given all you readers some great ideas for your favorite fitness buff, or maybe even some ideas of what to add to your own wish list this year!
—Ellen Ratliff for College Lifestyles
College Lifestyles is an online magazine bringing nutrition, etiquette, and lifestyle to the classiest of co-eds.